A Message from the Superintendent
Recently, Hart Public Schools received a grant for $25,000 from STEM Partnership of Michigan. STEM is an acronym for Science, Technology, Engineering and Math education. STEM focuses on these areas together because the skills and knowledge in each discipline are essential for student success. These fields are deeply intertwined in the real world and in how students learn most effectively.
As a result, the district began its journey with robotics. A middle school team lead by board member, Chad Coker, and parent, Heather Ramseyer, coached the middle school team that participated in the FTC (First Tech Competition). They recently completed their season and it was a huge success with many more students interested for next year.
At the high school level the season is just beginning. The high school team is participating in the FRC (First Robotics Competition). The team is being coached by myself and Mr. Saari from the high school. There will be two events that the Hart team will compete in with our final competition slated for the end of March. The team has six weeks to build a robot that must complete a specific task that will take place in the form of a game.
Both the middle and high school teams are competing in the organization called FIRST which is an acronym For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology. You can check out FIRST at www.firstinspires.org. Go Pirates!
The district takes great pride in its staff and students. Among the many accomplishments, the following stand out:
- Rising test scores
- Strong curriculum initiatives including established benchmarks, common assessments, curriculum maps and professional learning communities
- Cutting edge technology including computer labs, telephone and internal communication devices, iPads, Chromebooks, Nooks, Smart Boards, Elmo capabilities and Power School Parent Portal.
- A strong performing arts program for the school and community
- New and renovated facilities on a single campus
- An excellent and caring teaching staff that understands and appreciates the students and the community
- An effective administrative team